Hello, it’s time for another update!
After the focus on the Paths it’s time to take a closer look at the different playable Sentient Beings, let’s start with the Shrubs!
Who are they?*
There are plants on Materia that absorbed substances originated from genetic engineering experiments which ended up in the ground and that began to develop animal pseudo-organs, to the point of detaching themselves from the soil and becoming conscious.
Given their vegetal nature and unconventional vital needs, Shrubs are simple and not very empathic beings. Only a few behaviors are derived from psychological aspects that could resemble human ones. Their magnificent bodies end with a huge bud whose flowering is one of the most heartfelt traditions during their vital hemicycle.
Shrubs identify with both the female and male gender at the same time.
- Sturdy Bark: You gain a bonus to Res and can avoid damage.
- Growth: Your size increases and so does your ability to resist damage.
- Plant Dialogue: You can talk to non-sentient plant beings.
- Shoot Seeds: You can shoot seeds as if they were bullets.
- Extend Branches: You can stretch and retract your limbs as tendrils.
- Lush flowering: You can make your bud bloom and your coloring attracts or scares the animals.
- Foliage: You get a thick canopy of leaves that camouflage you in areas rich in vegetation.
- Improved Photosynthesis: When you spend time in sunlight you recover faster.
- Special fragrance: you can emit a nauseating or captivating smell.
- Special Fruits: You can produce very nutritious fruit that ripens faster and faster.
- Pest: You can graft your seeds into the bodies of animals where they will grow to kill them.
- Wooden insensitivity: you get high resistance to negative conditions such as Sore, Fatigued, Stressed, Weakened.
- Special Lymph: The lymph that gushes from your wounds possesses sublime medicinal abilities.
- Aquatic Plant: you can breathe underwater and you need less sunlight to live.
- Carnivorous Plant: you can also feed on meat and your bud develops real teeth.
- Succulent Plant: you can accumulate a lot of water and withstand hot climates better.
- Poisonous Plant: Your fibers are infused with deadly or psychedelic poison to animals.
- Improved Roots: You can absorb nutrients from the soil faster and block opponents with roots.
- Climbing Plant: You gain the ability to easily climb any surface and your grip is particularly difficult to loosen.
- Special Resin: the resin that flows from your wounds can be used to stop bleeding or as a glue.
- Regrowth: Your branches grow back slowly and your healing abilities improve in the presence of magnetic fields and radiation.
- Evergreen: you need to feed less often and withstand low temperatures better.
- Earth Burial: you can lock yourself underground where you will still have perceptive skills and you can eventually move by digging.
- Thorns: your body becomes covered with defensive thorns that can eventually be extracted and used as weapons.
- Spores: You can shed spores that cause lung infections in animals.
Most common names*
*This is just a glimpse of the Shrubs’ chapter
Continue following us for more info about the project and many more things!
This post is also available in: Italiano